Since January 2015, we have employed a Family Support Worker at Spinney Hill School.
Our Family Support Worker is Leona Wallace.
Her role has been funded through the school's Pupil Premium funding.
The Family Support Worker can help you with:
- Behaviour (both at home and school)
- Parenting Capacity
- Routines and Boundaries
- School Attendance
- Domestic violence
- General Health
- Mental Health (Both Adult and Child)
- Substance Misuse
- Local activities information passed onto family
- Police enquiries
- Student observations in class
- Liaising with other professionals involved with the families (where applicable)
- Support with bullying
Who can access Family Support Service within Schools
- Parents can self- refer parents/children to Family Support Service
- Teachers,SENCO,Attendance Officer and Support Staff can refer parents to the Family support Service
- This service is voluntary
You can also drop into school at any time and ask to speak to Leona about a problem
Contact Details: Leona Wallace Tel: 0116 2737047 or 07540100124.
Leona also works during the school holidays so at anytime you can call her.