A charity has been launched to support parents working in the textile industry.
Fashion-workers Advice Bureau Leicester (FAB-L), formerly known as LGWASP (Leicester Garment Workers Advice and Support Project) was created in response to the increased concerns about the garment factory workers in Leicester.
Their work is to make a positive impact on the lives of workers by offering them all the free advice and support. Some of the services are below:
• Workers Rights & Employment Law
• Health & Safety, & Injuries at Work
• Benefits Advice & Welfare Advice
• Form Filling & Letter Writing
• Housing & Living Conditions
• Immigration & Legal Advice
• Financial Hardship Support
• Courses & Training
• Domestic Violence & Harassment
They will start to organise different events and offer support to parents in school.
On Monday 7th February they will be in Moat Rd Playground to introduce themselves.
Come along and find out more.